Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kalahandia eyes Mt.Everest

Tathya.in, April 13, 2011
Bhawanipatna:13/April/2011


He is an inspiring mountaineer from Rupra, a small pocket in the interior of Kalahandi district of Odisha.


This time this mountaineer Jogabyasa Bhoi has aimed to climb to the top of Mt. Everest after conquering the highest peak in South Africa Mt. Khilimanjaro in January 2011.

For his expedition he needed financial assistance and it was Vedanta Aluminium Limited (VAL), Lanjigarh – situated near his place – came to him.

Dr. Mukesh Kumar, President and COO, VAL, Lanjigarh handed over a cheque of Rupees two lakhs to the promising mountaineer Jogabyasa.

VAL is all along supporting sports activites said Vice President HR Sanjay Kumar Patnaik, adding Jogabyasa is a budding talent.


Jogabyasa left Kalahandi for his expedition of scaling Mt Everest.

On the occasion, Kumar said that Jogabyasa is pride of Kalahandi and also of VAL. Vedanta family wishes him best of luck for his novel mission.

"On prior expeditions also we have helped Jogabyasa and this time it is our prime responsibility to help as he is going to climb Mt Everest. We hope he will successfully accomplish his expedition and come back safely," Kumar expressed.

Jogabyasa said, "This is the most important task of my life. I am thankful to my god and also to my parents. I am also thankful to Vedanta for helping me. Vedanta has always been with me and also helped me for my previous expeditions."

Jogabyasa has many feats in mountaineering in his kitty. Recently he climbed Mt. Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in South Africa and Stock Kangri (6137m) in Ladakh. The temperament of this local lad from Kalahandi shows that he has bigger dreams to achieve.

No comments: